Saturday 17 July 2010

The World of Podcasts, part deux

So, despite some pretty awesome promotion across the internet recently, posts have kind of dried up here. Rest assured, faithful reader, for I have not abandoned this project. Far from it - the next installment, featuring JLA Incarnations #2 by John Ostrander and Val Semeiks is almost ready to go.

It's just that I've been a little distracted by Spider-Man over the past week. Last weekend I received an invite from a good friend of this blog, Jon M. Wilson, to be a guest host on Teenage Wasteland: An Ultimate Spider-Man Podcast. I said yes, and then spent the next few nights reading, re-reading, recapping, note-taking. re-compressing and rhyming my way through the Hobgoblin storyarc. We recorded last night, a monster four hour session covering the entire arc and the following issue, Dumped, and you'll be able to hear the fruits of our labour in a few weeks, once they've removed the babbling, swearing, dribbling, and general unbroadcastable craziness from the show.

Having completed that, I vowed to sit down tonight after dinner and finish up the post, scan in some artwork (something I've been slacking on recently), and get the post up. But the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.



(Skip to four minutes in to find out more about that weird saying)

So, in five hours time, I'm going to be stepping in as a last minute replacement for the absolutely awesome Amazing Spider-Man Classics, which gives me 5 comics to reread and take notes on. I'll be recording from about 2am to 6am UK time, which means that by the end of it, I'll either be insane from the lack of sleep, or my bladder, stuffed to the brim with strong coffee, will have handed in it's notice and be clearing out it's desk.

So, Superman gets delayed by another day. But fear not, a new post will appear very soon, and something approaching a reasonable schedule shall be resumed.

Excelsior!

er...

Up, up, and away!

2 comments:

  1. Michael Bradley (omike015)18 July 2010 at 03:16

    Spider-Man over Superman?! Pfaw! And you call yourself a fan. ;)

    I listen to an episode of TW earlier this week have just started working my way though ASMC. I don't plan on keeping up with the TW show, as I've never been up on the Ultimate books, but I'm going to try to keep up with ASMC.

    Anyway, hope you can get back to your work here, soon, but congrats on the fill-in gigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, due to technical issues, we didn't get more than about 7 pages into Amazing Spider-Man #17 before we had to abandon recording. We're rescheduling for after SDCC, but at least the legwork is done. Expect to see the much-delayed review up by Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete